These writing games for kids were created with a lot of people in mind. You can easily modify them to fit various languages, topics, ages and levels of learning.
I have been teaching language learners for 20+ years. These writing game ideas were created based on consistent needs that I see among children of all ages and from many languages.
They are easy to run, fun to play and were designed to fine tune grammar and spelling as well as increase vocabulary.
*This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosures here.*
Better yet, the most materials you will need to play any or all of these games are:
- Ideally, a white board* (A chalkboard or smart board can work also.)
- 2 magnetic spinners* (If you haven’t read my full post on The Winner Spinner! you won’t want to miss it! I give a long list of game ideas that are so easy to run and super fun for the kids!)
- Individual white boards* (I’ve linked to a class set. You can buy them at Walmart during their back to school sale just as well for $1.97 each).
- Black dry erase markers*
- Colored dry erase markers*
- Socks to serve as erasers* (preferably colorful for fun!)
Or you can simply purchase a class pack on Amazon* that includes individual whiteboards, markers and erasers.
Additional Materials you may want to get are:
Check out our top 5 writing games!
If you just have a short amount of time to work with, you may want to play our quick talking games.
To receive new game ideas regularly, sign up to receive my FREE monthly newsletter below!