The kids love the mystery of this gumball game every time we play it! This game creates an opportunity for them to hear instructions and follow them on paper.
We played this game after completing the
Art Accent to go with it.
Here’s how you play!
Have your students write in big letters GUMBALL at the top of a clean piece of paper.
Read through the following instructions for them to follow on their paper. Take your time. Go slow so students can follow along comfortably. Repeat instructions if students ask you to.
- Switch the 2nd and 5th letters (gambull)
- Cross out the 1st letter (ambull)
- Switch the 1st and 2nd letters (mabull)
- Change the 3rd letter to ‘c’. (macull)
- Add an ‘e’ on the end (maculle)
- Change the 5th letter to ‘i’. (macuile)
- Change the 6th letter to ‘n’. (macuine)
- Change the 2nd vowel to h. (machine)
They should end up with the word MACHINE if they followed the steps correctly.
Print the Instructions
Take this game a step further and share fun facts about bubblegum and gumballs with your students!
You may also be interested in the following:
Ring Toss-Writing Instructions